Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Go Back Home


CJD: I'll be honest, I watched this match despite of Chris Renfrew and BT Gunn, not because of them. But I know you like a good 4 way and the idea of Trent Seven as defending Champion in a chaotic situation like this appealed to me. Well let me tell you something brother, Renfrew and Gunn might have been my favorite part of this match! I think I've heard their names here and there but I don't believe I've ever seen either and they were awesome. This took the 4 way with faces on one side and heels on the other, with already built-in alliances, and turned it on its head with a match that kept me guessing. It was pretty "cute" at times but it did it extremely well. Some of these sequences would have made Insane Dragon and Amazing Red proud. I really enjoyed this match, it was more than junk food, but not quite a full meal, either way I was extremely satisfied after I left the table. Fast casual pro wrestling??

JJZ: Junk food is the perfect way to describe this bad boy. Hard hitting, funny, smart. But most of all entertaining. I loved the tag team mind games they had take place in this one. They did a good job of not doing anything obvious I thought and had some surprising interactions with their partners. The crowd was really up for this match and hard great energy straight through. The finish was well executed and I wasn't familiar with Gunn or Renfrew so when the match started I thought Necro Butcher was in the ring. Nice pick baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment