Friday, December 22, 2023

Forever Forward Fridays


CJD: Reggie Bennett is one of those pro wrestling names you just know, even if you've never watched a match. I might not have as she seems like someone that would stick out in your memory. And I'll be honest, after this great joshi run we've been on, she's lacking in the polish that we've seen on Fridays lately. But considering she's a product of the American pro wrestling scene of the late 80s and was as good as she was at this point, you better believe I'm impressed. This match is simple, I picked it as more of a curiosity and a chance for you to have some different options for next week. But much like our Hercules/Savage match a few weeks back, I was pleasantly surprised by what we got here. This gave me flashbacks to watching gaijin like Bam Bam or Bossman come into AJPW and work against top stars. It's not quite everything you might hope for, but it's also a lot better than you might expect.

JJZ: I'm brand ass new to Reggie Bennett. She looks like she was married to Big John during this gimmick but thank god she wrestles better. This was a really well done match that got both Reggie and Sakie over. Reggie looked like a true powerhouse that could launch her opponent out of the ring whenever she wants. Sakie showed that fiery baby face spark. Loved all those back drops. Had me popping out my seat! Really good match baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment