Tuesday, April 30, 2024

It's Taue Or The Highway


CJD: I was really in the mood for some NOAH Taue this week. I love how the big guy did a little of everything in his career there, but there's something about that early NOAH shit that has an element of excitement that is special. Part of that is Omori, who can be inconsistent, but is always a firecracker. Part of it is Takayama on commentary. Part of it that LIVE broadcast graphic and the Halo ad on the ring!! But this match scratched my NOAH Taue itch big time. Straight to the point, everything you want it to be. Clearly a step down from your classic Williams match but there was no way I was topping that gem. Also can you believe this is the first time in all these years Taue has held our imaginary MDTSOCWWKD Championship?? For shame!

JJZ: I watched this match two days ago, and when I was about to write my review my daughter spilled her water. Spoke too soon I guess CJD. My very first thought about this match was how goddamn impressive it is that Taue can kick above his head. I've been doing Karate for years and I can only kick around someone's waist. Taue looks like he struggles walking to the ring and then BAM! Boot to Omori's dome. I feel like Taue came out of this match looking super dominant. I was surprised that Omori was so giving in this match. I'm assuming with this being the infancy of Pro Wrestling NOAH they wanted to make sure the pillars were cemented in. I still think Omori looked decent in this match though. I didn't come away thinking he lost anything, but felt like he helped establish Taue's power in NOAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment