Friday, November 2, 2018

Mason-Dixon Tri-state Outercontinental WWKD Champions #21-30

For nine straight Champions PIF had a pretty coherent, if increasingly more obscure, narrative to our completely made-up and inconsequential title. And then there was Sabu.

21. Daniel Bryan / Bryan Danielson
22. Kaval / Low Ki
What is there to say about these two. I remember when you had to defend whether or not they were believable pro wrestlers or if they were "playing wrestler." In their own unique way, I think both have proven since they are pro wrestlers through and through regardless of size and stature. These two men refuse to play by anyone else's rules, and while they couldn't be more different, they changed the face of pro wrestling together in VFW Halls and National Guard Armories.

23. Drew Galloway
McInWho?

24. Will Ospreay
25. Marty Scurll
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here... but if you want to talk about two undersized indy pro wrestlers who could change the face of the industry, well let's just wait and see.

26. Flip Gordon
27. Martin Stone
28. Jon Davis
These are three names that I doubt John or myself could have predicted with a thousand guesses would have been among our first 50 Champs. Welcome to the wonderful world of indy wrestling my friends.

29. Arik Cannon
While I'm ecstatic svelte, real gear owning, PBR sponsored Arik Cannon is having lots of success in 2018... fuck do I miss pasty, pudgy, stuffed into pleather, Kool-Aid Man Arik Cannon.

30. Sabu
One of these things is not like the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment