Friday, July 16, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays


Wendi Richter VS Princess Victoria - Houston Wrestling 2/10/1984

JJZ: I know we've played a lot of stuff forward to each other that we probably never thought we would. BUT! An American women's match this good from 1984 is something that still really surprises me. More so because it's so technically sound. Great back and forth of hold for hold wrestling. When I was a kid I hated when the bad guy would lay a hold on for an extended amount of time but now I really miss it. It makes so much sense. Why not put the Young Bucks in a 5 minute boston crab?? It almost never happens so I really popped when Wendi sat on them holds for so long. Victoria had a nice comeback that lead into a 50/50 home stretch to the finish. Hope you liked this match better than the last one I kicked over to you.

CJD: Damn, both of these ladies can go! I haven't watched nearly enough Wendi Richter and Princess Victoria has been such a revelation these past two weeks. She was a lunatic bumping daredevil with great selling and like you said, excellent comebacks. It's not surprising she retired early due to injury, she clearly got hurt late in this match too and asked Wendi for help. Which they stalled for her masterfully to regroup. Then to Victoria's credit she still rallied for a very good quick finishing stretch. Yes, I liked this match a hell of a lot better than anything I've ever seen from Teddy Hart. Great find! I'm taking the details of where and when this match took place from the YouTube upload and comments but it also looks highly likely this could have been Mid-South. So if anyone wants to correct us please feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment