Friday, July 30, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays


CJD: So what started as our Joshi Jouney has turned into an 80s US women's deep dive. While I've been shocked at the quality of some of the matches we've explored, I don't think I could have found anything this week that would have blown your mind. But if this match turned up on my TV as a 5 year old you better believe my mind would have been sufficiently blown. This is just such a pro wrestling match through and through, the venue, the ambiance, the pace, the momentum shifts. A little sloppy here and there, some holy shit moments, I felt like I was there live watching despite the terrible quality. Heidi is a much more dynamic heel this for this week's match and we left our time with Wendi Richter as Forever Forward Champion wanting to see more. So let's hot potato right back to her and see some more!

JJZ: Man. This match had such energy and ambiance. I'm going to say right off the bat I wish it had just 3-4 more minutes. For what it was it was dynamic. Especially for the era that it happened. I mean you couldn't blink. Normaly during this era it was much slower paced but this match was go go go. I loved that for both women we showcased so many different areas of strength. How much do you love watching VHS quality matches? Takes me back to your parents' basement. Excited to get more into Wendi Richter territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment