Friday, January 13, 2023

Forever Forward Fridays

Garza Jr VS ACH - AAW 6/17/2017

CJD: This match almost feels like a companion piece to me to some of the other matches we've watched recently. There are some themes I think you'll pick up on that we keep exploring. Because of that I was tempted not to play it. I also thought I might be limiting you too much with another go around with former FFFriday Champion ACH, since he's been in and out of wrestling the past few years. But I peeked at some of your options and got excited. And I liked the beginning and end of this match so much that I'll give it a pass that I think it loses its way a bit in the middle. After watching a good amount of Angel Garza I don't know how much depth is there but man does he have charisma and timing. ACH brings his own athletic charisma and even a bit of heart to play off the cocky heel. This was an opener that felt like an opener and did all the things an opener should do. I wouldn't argue any criticisms but it made me smile and on a week where my dominant arm's been in a sling half the time I'll take any entertainment I can get!

JJZ: Not gonna lie CJD, I was disappointed. Disappointed this match was under ten minutes! Wow, you know when we share matches and some come up and you're really excited for the matchup? Well this was one I was drooling over. It's my day off and I got sometime so I'm like let's go, Imma fold clothes and watch this flip flop and fly action. Dude this match was great for only 9 minutes. Perfect opening match that really gets the crowd excited for the rest of the show. I think these two would've had a great 5 minute or 45 minute match. You know I'm a big fan of AAW and I love this venue. Nice pick baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment