Friday, January 27, 2023

Forever Forward Fridays

ACH VS Fred Yehi - AAW 1/24/2020

JJZ: Love me some ACH and I love me some Fred Yehi! And I know you love some Fred Yehi! So it brings me great joy to play this match forward to you. It seems like this is coming off of ACH leaving WWE so the crowd was white hot for him. I loved the chops in the first phase of the match. They did a wonderful job building to those slaps being effective. Both guys did an excellent job building to everything in general so honestly they didn't have to do much in the ways of moves. Whenever they hit anything the crowd ate it up. And we need more toe punches in wrestling. Loved that spot. Going to keep my eye out for a rematch from these two. Enjoy baby.

CJD: I don't know if I've ever seen Yehi work as straightforward heel as he did in this match. And now I want to see more of it! This was clearly the ACH show but if anything Yehi fed off that and gave an even bigger performance because of it. This was grimey, you had some fancy ACH footwork, but the heart of this match was a back alley fight. I feel like we've watched a lot of matches with pleasant surprise finishes recently. This was a little more elaborate than most of those but man I loved that whole sequence and the idea of it. And as you said every big moment in this match had so much impact because they were so deliberate in the build. I keep telling you you're bringing that fire lately and the temperature at PIF HQ just keeps on rising!!

No comments:

Post a Comment