Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Yeah I'm A Lone Wolf And I Ain't Never Been Trapped


CJD: Very different flavor of Barry Windham here. I went on a little side quest after your awesome 6 man. Dabbled in some Barry, got side tracked on some Tully Blanchard, forgot Tully wasn't in your match, wrote up a whole review on a Tully match before I realized I couldn't play it forward. Even though Windham did make a run in. Damn!! So then I went back to the drawing board. Everything I was watching was really good. I love pro wrestling. Then I found this match. This match is simple. Spoiler alert: it's shine, heat, shmozz. But this is such a great aspect of pro wrestling that we don't get to share with a match focused blog. The angle that closes this out, all in one take, happening real time unless I missed something, is magic. This is the stuff that keeps you tuning back in. There's actually a lot I could say about the match as well. I'm such a sucker for Loverboy Dennis. But I'm playing this one forward because of the sizzle, not the steak, and boy does it end with some sizzle!

JJZ: Talk about a feud building match! Such good bones in this one. From intros to that wild ass ending you can tell this was the first paragraph for an epic novel. Great crowd to be expected, but what truly is special about this era of wrestling is that they really don't do much in the ways of offense. Heat man, this match is all about the heat. Not gonna lie, I'm super unfamiliar with Garvin. I honestly can't think of any matches I've seen him in before. I think I remember him refereeing for WWE. But dude throws a mean punch. I really want to see the blow off to this man. Who know where's I'm going to go next??

No comments:

Post a Comment