Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Yes We MaruKEN


JJZ: I know we've seen so many MaruKen matches, so I wanted to try to find something a little different. This was definitely new to me so I'm hoping it's new to you. It was wild seeing baby Kenta getting broken in by old out of shape 2 Cold. And when I say out of shape I just mean that on looks alone. He still hits all the flippy dippy action. Even my favorite move of his. It was a blast to see Kenta bust out a lot of stuff I've never him do before. You could tell that NOAH had a lot of faith in what Marufuji was gonna become because he stood toe to toe and Scorpio and SS. Which btw Superstar Steve wasn't half bad. I thought he came out looking really solid in this match. Enjoyed the falsies that didn't over stay their welcome either. Good shit here baby. Hope you enjoy it.

CJD: Superstar Steve?? What in the actual fuck. My first thought is he must be a Harley Race trainee, and a quick cagematch search confirms he is. And he was still wrestling as of June 2023?!? Versus Flash Flanagan??!? Man, we gotta pack it in. There's no coming back from a peak like Super Star Mother Fucking Steve. Just kidding. He was decent enough, just, why. I loved watching Scorpio and Marufuji go at it in this one. I didn't love watching KENTA get concussed as I've seen happen to him far too many times. Both Scorpio and Steve were pros directing traffic for him but he probably shouldn't have gotten back into the ring here. I was holding my breath on that springboard dropkick but hey, he stuck the landing! Marufuji really did have a star quality about him from day one, and while you can criticize a leg slap here or a whiffed coast to coast there, watching this match all the way to where he is now, that's one hell of a career. Now let's see what Superstar Steve gems I can dig up!!! Once again I'm joking, there is absolutely no way I'm not going 2 COLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment