Tuesday, February 13, 2024

I Heard Screamin' And Bull Whips Cracking


CJD: I love that even in a match where Dory is playing the roll of Plucky Underdog Babyface, and doing a fucking fantastic job of it at that, Terry still finds a way to steal the show despite not even being in the match. We've had three straight matches of pure Funkin' lovin' on Tuesdays and I wouldn't have it any other way heading into Valentine's Day. This match rules. Everyone is so engaged, so dialed in. I don't even really want to say anything in its defense because if you watch this, you will understand pro wrestling is awesome, you too will be filled with pure Funkin' lovin', and you will be happy for it.

JJZ: This might be weird to say but my favorite time to watch older AJPW is at night with a drink. Preferably with cigar. It always feels like an event when I watch this type of match. At this moment, it 8:21 AM on a weekday and I'm drinking coffee in my underwear. I'm sure I will enjoy this just the same. The energy that Hansen and Brody come in with is fucking intense. So the "oooooooo" Baba got for running the ropes actually made me laugh out loud. It's so Terry Funk to completely leave an impression on you in a match that he isn't even in. Jesus Chris. This brawl is so wild and insane. Terry is a man that can make me fully believe that he is in a fight for his life. Now. The match before the craziness was really good. Baba actually looked pretty good man. Such a fun watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment