Tuesday, February 6, 2024

One Soft Infested Summer, Me And Terry Became Friends


JJZ: Alright baby cakes! This match had a whole lot going on in it. Right off the bat seeing how incredibly over Hogan is at the time. We all know about Hulkamania but when you can feel the crowd through your screen it really puts a stamp on it. JYD is a perfect partner for Hogan since he is also super over and can do the dirty work with the Funks. With the Funks I loved the gaga from Terry and Dory. So many wrestlers do good comedy wrestling but they never feel like a serious threat in the match. The Funks go to both sides of the spectrum. I mean Terry is tripping over cables and then is choking the life out of his opponents. His wild man gimmick doesn't feel like a gimmick. He is real as real gets in the ring. And Hogan really did well in the match. I didn't get the mailing it in feeling in this one. I don't think Dory and Terry would have let the Hulkster get away with that. Fuck, watch her homie. Enjoy.

CJD: The Funks in WWF felt like such an alternate reality, like a Marvel What If? storyline. It's not what I want when I watch the Funks but I'm glad it happened just to add yet another chapter into the epic novels of their careers. You nailed the amazing ability they had to still feel menacing despite turning the gaga up to 11 opposite two all-time babyfaces like Hulk and JYD. I would have liked a little more of the face in peril to build to the finish but with a match like this you take what you can get. Waking up to white knee pads Hogan, Gorilla and Lord Alfred on commentary, with a cup of green tea for breakfast and a side of Terrible Terry and Hoss Funk is fine by me babycakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment