Friday, July 5, 2024

Forever Forward Fridays


CJD: Staying within our FFF themes with Breeze was difficult, and this match doesn't exactly fit the bill, but I know Chris Hero will give you bountiful options for indie wrestling goodness to get us back on track. And this curious pit stop on our winding Friday roads is a fascinating one for two Hero marks like ourselves. Man did he ever look primed and ready to take on the world as Ohno here. Breeze to his credit does an AAA+++ job as the enhancement talent. I don't want to say too much since there's not a ton to say about a match this short. But if you're a fan of either of these guys this is well worth a watch to give you insight into a lesser celebrated era of both of their careers.

JJZ: Wow, this match took me back man. Since I had Hulu, I was actually watching NXT around this time. I remember the not sold out crowds and more minor league feel before it turned into one of the greatest eras of wrestling ever. Onno played a huge part in developing a lot of the talent that would go on to become pretty successful. Breeze being one of them I'm sure. I picture after the match Chris and Tyler in the back talking about the match. Hero giving Dalton tips and props for what was an above average jobber match. This week's match was more about remembering a time than the match itself. Nice pick baby cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment