CJD: My immediate reaction was that we had watched this match together before. But upon closer inspection.. I think this is totally new to me! And you're right John, matches this good should be revisited,in fact I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice since you've sent it over!! 1994 WWF didn't always feel big but these two men made it feel like Lowell MA was the most important place in the world that night. This might be the most I ever bought Owen as a main event singles wrestler, and as we've covered Waltman was just so damn good at this exact moment in time. I know we always reference Candido/Storm as the best shitcan vertical suplex to the outside but this one wasn't far off! And even with the clips and disappointing finish this was still such a satisfying 10 minute package. Besides another all time awful Vince commentary job. "Clear And Present Danger indeed!!" is especially funny in hindsight since we known he never watched any current movies. To end on something I loved about the wrestlers though and not that smacked ass, as my mom would say. The way Owen followed up his one big plancha with those nasty little paintbrushes, then posting Kid like that?? No notes!! Oh and the way both of these guys take a turnbuckle?! I might watch this one a third time at this rate.
Tuesday, September 22, 2026
You Can't Kid A 123 Kidder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment