Friday, September 4, 2026

Forever Forward Fridays


JJZ: Power Pro Lucha is new to me, CJD. Are you familiar? Lopez and Havok, while they are both pretty young in the wrestling world, have some nice polish to them. Harleen and Brooke put on a nice 50/50 match that showcased both women's athleticism and quickness. They built to the big spots while trading holds and striking in the body of the match. I've done no research, but I think it's safe to assume the prodigy cup is for the younger female wrestlers, and I think prodigy is a great word for Brooke and Harleen.

CJD: I am not familiar with Power Pro Lucha or Brooke Havok! This was very new to me besides Todd Sinclair (always a pleasure to see him still working) and some traces of the CHIKARA roots this promotion seems to have. Havok was a joy, some young Alex Shelley energy and style. I really liked how they laid this match out and executed on it. Slick presentation from Power Pro too and this venue looks so fun. Just a great way to spend a little time doing dishes on a Friday night John. And then on the finish, I thought maybe they telegraphed something a little too much, but then it made perfect sense from a psychology standpoint why they would. Great choice my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment