Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Crowning The 50th Mason-Dixon Tri-state Outercontinental WWKD Champion



Katsuhiko Nakajima VS Kaito Kiyomiya - NOAH Global League Finals 11/25/2018

JJZ: Nakajima is in my current top 5 wrestlers in the world so I'm jumping at the chance to play him forward and crown this historic MDTSOWWKD Champion. What we've got here is the grizzled 30 years old 16 year vet VS the hot new kid on the block Kaito Kiyomiya, in the finals of the Global League. Side note that Nakajima had to win a 3 way earlier in the night against Kenou and Kohei Sato to make it to the finals. Kaito has to earn every bit of offense he gets while the best kicker in the game tees the fuck off. Classic strong style match, and in my opinion one of the best matches from NOAH in 2018.

CJD: How the tables have turned, I remember when Nakajima was the pasty, overly serious, stocky youngster with the colorful green trunks. Now he's turned into a soulless grinning anime villain with straggly hair all but obscuring his eyes as he aims to literally kick Kiyomiya's head off. This match was everything I hoped it would be, and to crown our 50th Champ a nice bookend to ZSJ/Robbie Eagles that started us on this path. Different stakes and stage that these two are on, but still in the same spirit. I have a lot of positive things to say about Kiyomiya but I'll save most of them for the match I'll play forward to you next week. For now I'll just say he played his role in this one really, really well. I'd love to see a rematch.

No comments:

Post a Comment