Wednesday, March 6, 2019

KENTA!!


KENTA/Tyler Black VS Austin Aries/Katsuhiko Nakajima - ROH 4/4/2009

CJD: This is right around when both of us stopped paying attention to ROH so I'm hoping this match catches you by surprise as much as it did me. I don't think I've seen it before and it's pretty fantastic. It's during Aries' ultra sleazy heel run where he essentially stole Josh Abercrombie's gimmick so don't expect tons of fast paced combo offense from him. Do expect two high profile singles feuds combined into one tag match, which is a booking tactic I'm always a fan of. This feels like a Clash Of The Champions main event and I mean that in the best way possible.

JJZ: My boy Nak's looking like a baby! Aries looking like he'd give you an STI! The talent in this ring is impressive. A little awkward to start but the energy that comes into the building when Kenta and 'Jima get into the ring together is what makes live wrestling so great. Would've loved to have been in that crowd. Aries plays such a good sleazy POS, it gives perfect heat for the faces to feed off of. The importance of a good crowd is showcased in this match. The wrestlers aren't doing anything crazy to start but the crowd is hanging on every movement. Even without the announcers the story in the ring easily lets you know who is feuding with who. I must say though, Aries' tattoo is a little to big for his arm. As the match progresses you are dead on about this being a COC main event. Solid story telling, great crowd, good spots, good match. Great stuff baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment