Tuesday, August 13, 2019

People Call Me Rude


Mistico VS Ultimo Guerrero - CMLL 2/25/2005


JJZ: So I've seen these two wrestle in tag matches the past couple years and the hate that came through was great, so seeing them wrestle singles in 2005 made a ton of sense. This match was a lot of fun with a few surprises that I didn't expect. I always enjoyed Mistico but Guerrero is a wrestler that I've been really digging lately. He is a natural rudo that bakes up some nice potatoes. Mistico seems like the perfect fiery baby face for anyone at this time. Boiling crowd, and I'll say the ref gave a great performance as well.

CJD: Mistico was white hot around this time period. I don't know the numbers but the impression I got was he was drawing at an elite level as a babyface in a historic sense. It seemed like he would be a huge star for years to come, and a few great matches backed that idea up. There were three in particular that stood out, VS Averno, Perro Aguayo Jr, and this one. I think the Averno match was the best Mistico showcase, VS Perrito was the most complete match, but this one, this I'd call the most fantastical. These two have a chemistry that feels earth shaking. This is the stuff that makes a great babyface and a great heel, the type of stuff all aspiring wrestlers should watch. It's hardly by the numbers though, as you said there are some real twists and turns. It kept me on my toes even having seen it before. What a match!

No comments:

Post a Comment