Tuesday, September 1, 2020

A Certified Genius At The Age Of 5


Katsuhiko Nakajima VS Kazusada Higuchi - DNA 8/22/2015

CJD: You've had some Tuesday guilty pleasure picks lately. Well now it's my turn. You know I've been on a DDT kick for a while. One of their many great homegrown talents who's been breaking out the past few years is Kazusada Higuchi. So when I saw Nakajima wrestled him in DDT's minor league promotion less than a year into the business after transitioning from sumo I got a little giddy. Then I watched this match and I got a lot giddy. So Nakajima joins illustrious company in Kasai and KENTA as x2 MDTSOCWWKD Champs (freshly rebranded the Misawa Dick Togo Santo Outercontinental WWKD title!) and here's what I like about him in this match at the tail end of his hammer pants phase. Nakajima at this point in his career badly needed to shed the young underdog role he mastered many years back. And not only did he need to move on past it, he needed to start leading, eating guys up at times, he needed to start teaching instead of learning. And that is exactly the type of performance he gives here. Higuchi takes a hellacious beating on his end, sells his ass off, and perseveres to take advantage of some really great chances. I'd love to see this match today, but I'm more than happy with what we got in 2015.

JJZ: So right off the bat this Higuchi guy is brand new to me! And I Iike it! I've been stuck in my own little bubble of familiarity as of late so this is a nice change of pace. The crowd seems eager at the start. On the edge of their seats waiting for something to happen. Reading your review I would've thought Naks was the larger wrestler but Kazusada has a bit of size over Jima. Higuchi starts strong but Nakajima quickly takes the control which shows me your statement is true. 2015 must've  an interesting year for Nakajima since it was right before he put himself officially under the NOAH flag. I like Kazusada's size and energy. He's staring Naks right in the eyes and saying I can take all that you can give. Also his neck crank is sick. He does a good job of imposing his size while on offense but Nakajima's strikes even the playing field very quickly. I dare you or anyone to say he doesn't have the best kicks in the game. Really good match baby. Kazusada came across like a future heavyweight champion while Nakajima proved why he's been one of the best going for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment