Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Your Favorite Wrestler's Favorite Wrestler


JJZ: So I specifically searched out a Pete Roberts match because I remember Regal talking about him in podcasts. I tried to let his matches come to me organically but I've been waiting for years and I figured this is a great time against a great opponent. A little joined in progress action ain't hurting nobody. This match is much more aggressive than the previous British matches we've been watching. Rudge looks like he would be a down and dirty wrestler and proves it this match. I know Roberts worked in Japan a lot so I assumed he was a little less fancy than the other workers we've been watching. But I didn't expect this. This has shades of UWF. I can really see that Regal took a lot from Pete. I really enjoyed this contest man. I can see so much that Bryan, Hero and Claudio took a lot from these two guys too.

CJD: I've honestly never seen a Pete Roberts match where his reputation matches his ability. Until now! This wasn't exactly Foreman VS Lyle but it was two beefy heavyweights throwing technically sound bombs. I loved it. British heavyweight wrestling can mean so many things but I think it's safe to say this is when it's at its finest. And man everything Terry Rudge does is glorious. He might be the most logical wrestler I've ever seen. I've never been so happy for a little JIP action my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment