Friday, November 18, 2022

Forever Forward Fridays


CJD: You know me JJZ, and you know I'll take substance over style if I have to choose. But when I saw these two in a very recent match I thought to myself "I don't care if this match is good or not. I want to watch it." These are two of the most spectacular wrestlers going today and I wouldn't say either is lacking in substance by any means. I just expected this to be a fireworks explosion. Now there are a few jaw dropping moments. And this is some indy 5000 presentation. The commentary, the ref, the post match celebration. This one is uniquely indy wrestling. But at the end of the day this is just a damn good match above all else. I would love to watch these two go at it again. I really enjoyed how important the momentum shifts felt (just about the only worthwhile observation the commentators made). And I thought the finish came at the right time, no overkill but very satisfying. I know we've already featured a lot of Laredo Kid on FFFridays but it's the perfect place to give a great young wrestler like him his flowers.

JJZ: Excited for this one baybay. Feel like the commentators undersold Bandido a little bit. Bandido is a top indy name these days. I've been in the mood for a high flying spectacle. Interesting crowd set up with the chairs. This is a perfect junk food match. The kinda match you'd love to watch with four friends at 1 in the morning. You couldn't blink for a second in this one. Laredo Kid performed better than I expected. I'm not trying to be negative on him but he never super impressed. But in this one he over delivered. Bandido did what Bandido does. Fun jawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment