Tuesday, August 15, 2023

LWO 4-Life


JJZ: Baby cakes. If I could describe this match in one word, it would be efficient. Not a lot of time, but wanted to get thier shit in. So clean. So fresh. So smooth. You know that these two just walked out there only knowing the finish and just popped out this little 8 minute gem. For my money Eddie Guerrero is a top three wrestler of all time. It's not because of epic long historical matches. It's because he can make eight minutes full like a complete story. Jericho also does a great job. Not trying to disrespect him in anyway. I'm just an Eddie mark.

CJD: Efficient is a good word to describe this match. I'd pick spontaneous. I agree it's obvious these two are just feeling it and didn't plan a single thing. With that in mind this is fascinating to watch. I honestly thought Jericho might have impressed me just as much as Eddie this time around, which is saying something. I thought this was a great big league companion piece to Papi/TAKA. Neither match will blow you away but both are great showcase pieces in their own right. Definitely the stuff that makes PIF so fun after all these years, matches that help you fully understand eras and what makes a wrestler tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment