Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Baby, Remember My Name


CJD: This match is fascinating to me for a few reasons. One is it's so competitive, even more than some PPV matches at the time. As a kid I never understood why Hercules was always so protected (although I obviously didn't understand that concept), but having gone back and watched a good amount of his work in the territories I can see now why promoters had a high opinion of him. I also think this match is interesting because there's clearly a real craft to what these enormous roided up meatheads are doing here. There's a dance to this match that's not unique for Macho Man at the time, but is still beautiful in its brunt force mixed with grace. Needless to say Savage makes Hercules look like a million bucks from beginning to end. And lastly, any chance I get to watch Sherri work her magic, I'll gladly do so. This match was a total curiosity when I threw it on and it went well above my expectations.

JJZ: Right off the bat, I did not know the Macho King started in '89. I thought it was in '91. Weird thought just popped in my head. If you asked me my top ten wrestlers of all time, Savage wouldn't come to mind. If I broke it down though he 100 percent should. Work rate, selling, promos, psychology. His game had it all. Could you imagine Macho Man VS Eddie or Danielson? That would be insane. Now, in this match imo Randy carries Hernandez. Hercules does fine, he doesn't bring tbe match down at all but the Macho King makes the moment special. Great pick baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment