Tuesday, January 23, 2024

He Don't Give In, He's A Family Man


CJD: So not only do I have Steamboat matches I've been wanting to see for years just waiting at my fingertips these days, but I also have Dory Funk Jr as of just a few months ago uploading that straight fire! With your Steamboat/Vader match I talked about the deliberate pace. I didn't mean slow or boring, it was actually pretty action packed. They just spaced out and timed those comebacks with such purpose. Well this match, I could see getting knocked for being a little slow and boring. But I really liked the contrast of a match this week that just builds. And builds. And builds. And builds. Never really to a crescendo but to a very satisfying final few minutes. And a nice finish! I don't think this match flowed out of anyone like water this given night. It was a double they had to really run out to beat the throw at second. But all four guys put the work in and this ended up being something I really enjoyed. I know your tastes, I know you'll get pumped for this one on paper. But what will you think about the execution JJZ??

JJZ: Fuck man. Before the match even starts I'm like damn. Some matches on paper just make you say hell yeah brother, let's go! I know your absolute love of Terry, so I know finding this match for you was such a wonderful moment. What Terry adds to a match is priceless. Even him taking hip tosses from Ricky feels like a big spot. Dory is classic man. He is the steady hand that keeps everything calm for his team. Jay Youngblood. Gone way too soon. Had so much potential and brought  such energy to his matches. This was a fundamental classic tag match baby cakes. The crowd was fantastic and the build needs to be watched by young tag teams. I think basic is a negative word at times but this match had so many basic things executed to perfection. Great match baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment