Tuesday, January 9, 2024

In The Bushes With The Mask Like Vader


JJZ: Can't believe I haven't seen this before. And if I did and can't remember shame on me. I had to really lower my excitement because it was on a side show. I know it was for the WCW World title but I knew it was gonna be more of a great tv match and not a great World title match. I really liked this match a lot and the only downside is that I know they never took this anywhere. And boy o boy could they could've taken this somewhere. Steamboat might have been the only PUP better than Sting to work with Big Van Vader. Ricky really overdid the selling to make Leon look like a ruthless killer. The hope spots and come back were so well done. But the masterpiece was the finishing stretch baby cakes. Loved it. Side note. I was a WWF guy during this era and never watch WCW. Fuck man. WWF guys never bumped on a side show like this. Enjoy baby.

CJD: I seem to remember one of the Death Valley Driver guys claiming back when that Steamboat might have been Vader's low key best opponent. Maybe after Sting like you said. And I've seen some of their matches but even I didn't think to name him last week when talking about the top babyfaces Vader was working magic with. These two had so many sneaky great matches and this one is still new to me. I think I tried to hunt this down on custom comps but never found it. And of course in 2024 here it is at my fingertips in crystal clear VQ!! Talk about 70/30, this shit was more like 85/15. What a beating and what comebacks! I loved the deliberate pace and the way they timed Steamboat's offense. This was an absolute treat, thank you Jim Duggan for finding this little detour for us! God damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment