Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Becoming A Tarzan Goto Guy


CJD: While not Dory Jr, clearly I've got the Funk family on my mind, and if you want to take us to a tribute match, I certainly won't turn down a few Amarillo European uppercuts. In the meantime, John do you like watching sick fucks do sick fuck things?? Then boy do I have the match for you!! I never knew this existed, and it turns out it's the last appearance of Chainsaw Charlie. There's some weird WWF overlap in this snuff film barbed wire board deathmatch, and I promise you you won't be able to guess where the finish is taking you. I don't want to oversell this match, I know how you feel about Goto, especially as we're getting later in his career. But suffice to say this match delivered everything I wanted and then some.

JJZ: Well holy fuck CJD. Barns have been burned. What a sloppy, wonderful piece of madness this was. I'm not even sure I understand the finish, but I was definitely entertained. The fact that this was the last appearance of Funk being Chainsaw Charlie and it being in Japan makes me really wonder if he has done more stuff in Japan as CSC that we don't know about? Is there a best of Chainsaw Charlie in Japan that we can order from IVP video for 2.99?  So am I becoming a Tarzan Goto guy? All four of his PIF matches have been bangers. I think he might be off my skip list! Super fun match babycakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment