Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Mister Danger, You're Just A Stranger


JJZ: I ignored all the Tarzan Goto matches that kept coming up while I was searching for a Matsunaga match to play forward to you. Besides the Cactus Jack match we shared with each other here, I'm usually not a fan. But after not loving what I watched, I figured what the hell. Picking this match solely because of the VHS feels I got and I was so fucking happy. I never expected to stumble upon a  UWF/Battlearts style match with such fucking hate pouring through my screen. These cats were laying it in. That headbutt to the mouth made my teeth hurt. I tried to look up what promotion this was real quick and had no luck. Could've been BJPW? I didn't notice any logos on the mat. Felt like I found a rare gem but you tell me babycakes.

CJD: I think calling this a hidden gem is totally fair, this is FMW's fifth show and as far as I can tell one of the only pro wrestling events ever held at the Handa Municipal Hall. The couple thousand (maybe) people there certainly witnessed something they never saw before, or never would see again that night! Holy shit John, thank you so much for playing this forward, especially with your aversion to a) Tarzan Goto and b) stiff headbutts. This match is a CJD fever dream for certain and I loved every second of it!! Well maybe not the finish, but I don't know how much better I expected from a match that was such perfect absurdly chaotic violence up until that point. And such a late 80s vibe. I love it!! Karate man Matsunaga rules, svelt all yellow Goto in his swankiest tights ever rules even more, I can't wait to explore deeper in the jungle baby!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment