Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Matter Of Respect

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvkntj

Sabu VS Rob Van Dam - AJPW 3/3/2001

JJZ: Revisiting my favorite childhood feud for this one!!!!! This match took place about 6 weeks after ECW folded and you tell right way Sabu is nursing a leg injury. It still is such a surprise to me that AJPW booked RVD and Sabu. They do not fit the AJPW mold what so ever. With that said it was so much fun watching these two maniacs turn the kingdom of the four pillars of heaven into a bingo hall from Phila for 15 mins. They clipped about 2 mins out of this match but it doesn't even matter. I could watch them work all day. These two always brought a great combo of madness and grace to there matches that the crowd responded to well. I liked the ending and I'm So excited for you to watch this match baby cakes!

CJD: Wow. What an oddity of a match. This felt to me like they approached it as if the Shiek told them to get in the ring and give him 15 minutes, no bullshit. I think a lot of that has to do with performing in front of the Japanese crowd. But this was so focused while still capturing the feel of controlled chaos that made their feud and tag team work so well. I'm still just blown away I never knew this existed!

No comments:

Post a Comment