Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Endgame


Sami Callihan (c) VS Tommy End - Southside Wrestling AAW Heavyweight Championship 7/10/2016


CJD: I get why Sami Callihan is a polarizing wrestler. And honestly if you aren't a fan to start with this probably isn't the match to win you over. But if the sight of these two on paper has your curiosity, then I'd bet this match will more than hold your attention. I'm a sucker for a touring champ defending his title overseas, and for the big fight feels, and this match delivers in both areas. It's a match that would probably leave a bigger impression live than it does on tape, but I was still along for the ride. I liked the post match interaction but I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the locker room after these two brutalized each other. Very curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

JJZ: Well well well. Wells are for wishing Chris and I wish I saw this match sooner. Sami looks so intense and End looks like he is going to murder someone. I could watch Tommy for days but Sami is hit or miss for me. But here he was Bryce Harper and hit it outta the park. If I could describe this in one word it would be gritty. Both these guys grind it out. Sami is working super stiff, like he knows he can't fuck around with End. But let's take a second to talk about the seating in this venue. Them front row chairs look like some vintage 1970s living room furniture! I like it. But I like this match a lot more. These two wrestlers wrestled with a purpose to end things quickly. And I loved the finish and the respect shown at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment