Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Crowning The Inaugural Forever Forward Champion


Faye Jackson VS Sienna - Absolute Intense Wrestling 3/11/2018

CJD: When we started talking about rolling out a new imaginary title in the PIF format to give less represented wrestlers a platform, this was the first match that came to mind to share. You know I love me some AIW. I purchased this show and I'd be lying if I said this was a match I had my eye on. But one of the reasons I love AIW is if you give every match a chance you'll rarely be disappointed. Case in point I think this was my favorite match on the show. Faye Jackson's gimmick is basically that of a creeper, so this is not a match devoid of sexuality, which wrestling probably never will be. What it also is is a very physical, well paced, heated match with a fun out of control vibe. It's good pro wrestling, with two ladies I wasn't too familiar with, in a promotion I gladly pay money to support. Minus an unfunny dick joke on color commentary to kick things off, this is exactly the type of match I want to play forward to you right now.

JJZ: This was a really fun ride. I wasn't familiar with either of these ladies so this was all new to me. Great crowd for AIW, I'm assuming it was a 'Mania weekend? I think they played up to the size difference great with smart psychology throughout the match. The outside action evened the playing field for Sienna, and a little gaga was a nice surprise. The crowd was really into this match. I would love to know if there was some history between them because the audience was really invested if not. The ending stretch was great, I bit on all the falsies. I couldn't pick the winner at all. I even let out a couple of "ooooo"s. Great pick to start things off baby cakes!

CJD: Rubber City Con, right idea. A lot of random big name talent was on this show- Bob Orton, Gertner, Booker T. Sienna also wrestles as Allysin Kay, and Faye is as much of an AIW local as any female wrestler. Her recent episode of The Card Is Going To Change was a great listen. It's also worth noting this match opened up the main show which was a big spot to put these two in and I thought they totally crushed it. I'm glad you agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment