Friday, July 31, 2020

Forever Forward Friday


Marti Belle VS Dani Jordyn - Brii Combination Wrestling Queen of the North 2 1/31/2020


JJZ: Alright! So I watched a lot of matches to get to this one that I'm playing forward to you. So I've gotten to see Marti work both face and heel. And I got to say I think she is better as a face. She has great fire and is really good at getting sympathy from the crowd. This is my first time seeing Dani Jordyn and I was impressed. She had some good shitty heel tactics and did some nice trash talking during the match. This match isn't the longest but it's another from a tournament so I can forgive that. The announcers do a great job of giving the back story to both women and puts them on my radar even more. Also this is another promotion I wasn't familiar with so I'm extra excited share this with you.

CJD: Is this the first match from 2020 we've shared on PIF? If so, that's very much in the spirit of Forever Forward Fridays and I'm glad to see something this recent. This is the sort of match that if I was there live wouldn't stick with me a ton, but would leave me thinking I need to see more from both ladies. Solid work that plays to both their strengths. I agree completely that Marti has that natural babyface quality that you can't teach. Dani Jordyn looked equally comfortable pissing everyone off and her bootleg List of Jericho gimmick is a smart little piece of business. I'm curious to dig into more of her work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment