Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Small Town Adonis Hits The Metropolis


Blue Panther VS Sam Adonis - CMLL Cabellera VS Cabellera 8/4/2017


CJD: We've been sending each other on a lot of journeys lately. And much like A-Kid surprised me with how many moves he liked to bust out as I dug deeper, so too was I surprised that Sam Adonis is not always a less is more kind of wrestler. But I was craving something with a classic feel like your Hobbs match. So I looked up what Adonis' most high profile stuff was since he donned a MAGA cap and this immediately jumped to the front of my que. My favorite old man tecnico in front of a red hot Areno Mexico crowd, hair VS hair, taking on a Trump supporter AND a rudo ref working against him? This one had me hooked beginning to end. Their chemistry more than delivered on my expectations. I need to seek out more Adonis in Mexico.

JJZ: This was one fun-ass watch. The crowd was boiling hot. There was so much heat between Adonis and Panter that I wouldn't have been shocked if steam was coming off their shoulders. Nothing t6o crazy spot wise was needed for this match but they still had a few Oh Shit moments. Adonis draping Panther in the Trump American flag and splashing him was such a Fuck You move. The rudo ref made for some entertaining moments but I don't think the match needed it. Great pick baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment