Tuesday, October 11, 2022

DDT Did A Job On Me


CJD: I feel a little bad playing this one forward, I know I could find a hundred better Arn matches. But when I saw this match happened I popped big time. Our IRL circle of wrestling friends recently debated which one of these two was a better in ring performer. And I think that ties right in with you picking AA to play forward a few weeks back. So why not feature him VS Jericho this week?? This match is honestly better than a lot of guys could do in this position, being buried by all the focus on the red hot new nWo angle. They kept it simple, built the young babyface up big, and ended the match at its highest point. The more I think about this match, I watched it a few days ago and a lot stuck with me. Heenan putting Jericho over even though he was probably a few (or more) into his night and often could be less than complimentary to a young babyface in this position. Woman adding a lot running interference on the outside. Miss Elizabeth solemnly watching pro wrestling in the back. And that finish. There was a lot packed into this kind of throwaway match. I'm really glad these were the two guys tossed out there to kill a little time.

JJZ: Ms. Elizabeth has a bad case of turnaround disease. She just keeps going in circles, it was fucking gold! So after intros this was actually a six minute match and man did they not waste a second. Talk about everything having meaning. I just wish it meant more to the announcers. I couldn't care less about Bischoff going to the hotel! Why are you taking about several other story lines during a 6 minute match? I would've killed to just have Bobby's color. At least he made me laugh. That finish man. The split second stall that said, this shit is over, was a fantastic touch. This match reminded me of a young pup bouncing all around and trying to tire out the older dog but in the end the young pup gets slapped down. Fun match. AA all day, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment