Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Where Are The Lionhearts


JJZ: We may have seen this before but I don't care. I know these two have such a tremendous history that Lance going over to Japan for the first time will be a fun wild ass match. It's a JIP and also a few clips happen. But I didn't think it took away from the match. A car crash is what I expect and it's what I got. And it's what the crowd wanted. They were into this stuff. Everything was hit pretty perfect and with the intention to wow the audience. I was also more of a fan of Lance than Jericho but I think in this match they both hold their own. With a lot of oh shit moves plus some nice technical work in between. I'm sure they worked this match a bunch and I'd like to believe they said nothing to each other the whole time. They both just had it down.

CJD: I love Storm cutting a very earnest promo highlighting their history together and Jericho totally big timing him and cutting Generic Gaijin Promo For Japanese Media 101. Sets the stage for the dynamic between these two during the match and they both delivered big time. I don't think this match was hurt any from the missing 7 minutes or whatever but I also don't think they left all rest holds on the cutting room floor. Especially based on those crowd reactions. It seems like these two had a very solid 17 minute touring match in them that like you said, they could do in their sleep. I loved how vocal they both were, and how they timed some of those kickouts until the last possible second. Storm is someone I've always had a soft spot for. I hope I can find something just as good for next week but you set the bar high with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment