Friday, March 19, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays


Sugar Dunkerton VS Rickey Shane Page - Freelance 7/21/2017

CJD: Rickey Shane Page isn't exactly the poster boy for Forever Forward Fridays, but he is an indie guy through and through and he raises the profile of everywhere he works. So in that sense I'm glad I gave this match a chance because it did have some real stakes to it. Interpromotional stuff is always fun but the extra layer of RSP also being a Freelance guy while Suge D is the flavor of the month gave it a nice extra layer. This match had some of Sugar's comedy mixed in with some great physicality and overall psychology. Compared to some of the matches we've featured lately this isn't going to blow your mind but for an undercard match you might not twice at on paper this really delivered. I dug digging into Dunkerton this week, I'm glad to have an excuse to watch more of his stuff.

JJZ: I did not expect this match to be on my television after I kicked Suge D over to you last week. I'm excited to see were this match goes. Crazy seeing Suge grabbing a random fan's Gatorade and taking a swig in hindsight right now. I've been a big fan of these cross shows with CZW and Freelance. A lot of good matches off them. I'm pretty certain we played Rush VS Ali off one of them no? Crowd was really into this, making the match feel pretty important. I've seen a good amount from RSP and I am a fan, I haven't seen him in this role to much. I'm familiar with more of his hardcore stuff. Definitely never seen him working in the jokes. The gaga was nice. Subtle, it didn't overpower anything. I like us featuring Suge working two totally different styles in his matches. I didn't know he had these levels until watching him over the past few weeks. With that being said, I'm sure I'll be trying to take us to the extreme next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment