Tuesday, March 2, 2021

To The Moon

Young Bucks VS Trevor Lee/Shane Strickland - International Wrestling Federation 1/23/2015

 JJZ: I heard somewhere that you should never cross the streams but screw that noise. Let's fuck around and find out. Dream tag match here. Young Strickland, hot ass Lee, prime Bucks. How do I not play this forward. I've been watching a ton of wrestling this week but haven't really seen a car crash match and knew this would scratch that itch. We're talking go go go here baby. Dragon Gate style timing with a crowd that was eating it up with a spoon! I enjoyed watching this match very much. You can see Strickland's potential shine. Lee lived up to his building hype. And the Bucks did what only the Young Bucks can do. I feel like timing is everything in life and I needed this match at 11:30PM on a Friday night.

CJD:  Car crash, Dragon Gate style tag is exactly how I'd describe this match. The Young Bucks in this era could do this in their sleep and there were moments in the first half of this that it did feel a little cut and paste. But by the end I was hooked on this one just like the crowd was. And could you imagine seeing something like this live in your tiny local indie at the time with two relative unknowns like Lee and Strickland putting on this kind of performance? That's a match that would stick with you for the rest of your life. This was a cool little footnote in the career of all 4 men and definitely not what I expected to get back when I played you a Trevor Lee match forward. Now do I swerve the streams next Tuesday or do the Bucks become the first ever 2x MDTSOCWWKD Tag Team Champions?? Let's fuck around and find out indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment