Friday, February 26, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays


JJZ: I not exactly sure what IT is but Shane Strickland has IT. Fuck man. That entrance on paper isn't anything special but when you see him coming to the ring it is attention grabbing. And Ophidian really carried himself like a champion in the match. And this match was a main event to a T. Slower start with a build to the highspots. Both wrestlers got to highlight their skills. The crowd was super into the face and hated the heel. I really liked the finish because isn't a typical indie finish and built to keep the local talent at the forefront. I don't recall seeing too much of this promotion but I like that they focus on their own talent.

CJD: We've never talked about this before, but 9 times out of 10 when you play a match forward to me I watch it before I read your comments. You know me and you know how I want to go into everything with as few preconceived notions as possible. And after watching this match my first comment was going to be how these guys carried themselves like absolute stars in this one. So it made me laugh that your main takeaway was how Swerve has that It Factor. There's no doubt, I think he could get over anywhere with any presentation, but in this era coming out to Chaka Khan he was magic. He demands your attention. And really even playing heel with a significant size difference Ophidian is no slouch here either. He feels like the Champ with a capitol C, like that belt is his and it means something. I've wanted to check out Demand Lucha for a while but I think this is my first exposure. Great atmosphere, great presentation, great match. I get what you're saying about the booking and I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I will say I thought they reached the peak of this one and went a good bit longer. But it didn't really frustrate me as the match had such great energy and the stakes felt high. If anyone is on the fence on this match because it's on the longer side but it interests you on paper I'd say make time for it. I thought it was something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment