Friday, December 17, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays

Kris Statlander VS Alexia Nicole - Greektown Wrestling 1/29/2019

JJZ: Greek Wrestling is a new promotion for us no? So I'm going to point out the only thing about this match I didn't like and move past it. It felt like they started wrestling like it had been going on for 5 minutes already if that makes sense. Besides that I loved it. Im green as goose shit when it comes to Nicole, I've never seen her before that I can recall but she seems to have a lot of experience under her belt. This venue was fantasic. The crowd was so into everything and you got a true sense of indy proud in what was happening in that building. Loved the movesets and execution. Liked the finish and would love to see more of these ladies working together.

CJD: I'm also totally new to Alexia Nicole and I left this match a big fan. I really liked how she took it to Statlander here, never backing down, making her comebacks count for all they were worth. And I know Alexia is on the smaller side but hot damn is Kris freaky strong. Some of the stuff she can do blows me away. One point I'll disagree on is the structure of the match. I really liked it beginning to end. I thought they opened it hot and hooked the crowd immediately without hot shotting the match. The finish and the booking I'll agree were simple and so good. Everything about this match had my attention. It had a great balance of that unique indie vibe but with plenty of polish and technique in the execution. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment