Friday, December 31, 2021

Forever Forward Fridays


CJD: I've learned something from our FFFriday research finding matches to play forward. Indie wrestlers who come up through remote local scenes who have to travel far to branch out are at such a disadvantage in so many regards. So here we have one of the local stars of the Ontario scene that has broken out and one who is in the process of doing so. I watched a good amount of other Nicole matches but this one popped for me in a way the others didn't, even though it's short and simple and sweet. Very reminiscent of the RSP VS Heidi Lovelace match we featured on a Friday past. Uno is a wonderful shithead heel and Alexia keeps me rooting for her from beginning to end. I also love the vibe of the brewery venue and getting a feel for the modern Canadian scene a little bit. This wasn't my first second or even third choice this week, but I am happy with where the journey landed.

JJZ: This was a super fun 7 minute sprint that felt more like 12 to 15 imo. The storytelling was nice and I loved the hand biting call back to earlier in the match. Uno obviously had the size advantage but it wasn't the main story which I loved because usually intergender matches focus so much on that. The true indy aspect is so enjoyable for me. Bright ass overhead lights, small crowd with tons of energy. Who wouldn't like this match?? Nice pick baby cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment